Today’s interval work is pretty intense, because there’s technically no rest period. Your rest period is instead a number of bridging exercises. There’s alternate exercises for “beginners,” though I have a feeling even if you did do the “beginner” version, you’ll still be tasting the salt in your mouth.
Each round will rack in at about 2minutes and 40 seconds. Depending on how long it takes you to complete your bridging exercises, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete. Remember that intensity is key!
Set your timer for 4 cycles of 20/20. Each couplet will be performed 4 times, in a row! AND THEN REPEATED (insert evil laugh here). The bridging exercise between each couplet has set reps, so you won’t need to reset your timer.
Couplet 1 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Mountain Climbers
- Dynamic Push Ups or Push up followed by a plank jack or Regular push ups
- Bridging Exercise: Supermans- 20 reps
Couplet 2 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Side to Side Step Ups or Regular Step ups
- In and Out Abs- you’re pretty much in a plank position, and you jump your legs into a tuck position then jump them back out into a plank
- Bridging Exercise: Stability Ball Crunches- 20 reps
Couplet 3 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Plank Climbers or Plank Punches
- Diagonal Knee Tucks
- Bridging Exercise: Stability ball hyperextensions or dolphins- 20 Reps
Couplet 4 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Burpees or Half Burpees
- Dynamic Squat Jumps or jumping jacks
REPEAT it all over again :)