Today’s interval work is pretty intense, because there’s technically no rest period. Your rest period is instead a number of bridging exercises. There’s alternate exercises for “beginners,” though I have a feeling even if you did do the “beginner” version, you’ll still be tasting the salt in your mouth.
Each round will rack in at about 2minutes and 40 seconds. Depending on how long it takes you to complete your bridging exercises, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete. Remember that intensity is key!
Set your timer for 4 cycles of 20/20. Each couplet will be performed 4 times, in a row! AND THEN REPEATED (insert evil laugh here). The bridging exercise between each couplet has set reps, so you won’t need to reset your timer.
Couplet 1 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Mountain Climbers
- Dynamic Push Ups or Push up followed by a plank jack or Regular push ups
- Bridging Exercise: Supermans- 20 reps
Couplet 2 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Side to Side Step Ups or Regular Step ups
- In and Out Abs- you’re pretty much in a plank position, and you jump your legs into a tuck position then jump them back out into a plank
- Bridging Exercise: Stability Ball Crunches- 20 reps
Couplet 3 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Plank Climbers or Plank Punches
- Diagonal Knee Tucks
- Bridging Exercise: Stability ball hyperextensions or dolphins- 20 Reps
Couplet 4 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Burpees or Half Burpees
- Dynamic Squat Jumps or jumping jacks
REPEAT it all over again :)
Once again, I did not feel like going to the gym, so I did a home work out today.
I started with 12 rounds of sprints for about 50 yards, walking back as my “recovery.”
I then decided to give my body a bit of a break and do this full body bodyweight work out for three rounds:
- Squats (normal pace) x 30 reps
- Slow Push Ups (4 seconds down, 4 secs up)- 20 reps
- Stability Ball Dolphin/Reverse Hyperextension – 20 reps
- Slow Single-Leg Deadlifts (right then left)- 20 reps
- Tricep Push Ups (normal pace)- 20 reps
- Slow Sumo Squats-20 reps
Repeat 2 more times
And for my final topper, TABATAS:
Set your timer for 8 cycles of 10 seconds rest and 20 seconds MAX effort and perform the following sequence TWICE. My times are in brackets:
- Two-Handed Dumbbell Swing (30lb) (14, 14)
- Side to Side Step Ups (24, 25)
- Alternating Kettlebell Swing (30lb) (13, 13)
- Side to Side Step Ups (25, 26)