Fitspiration #3: Natalie Muntean
Dumb title, I know. Interval Cardio this morning only lasts 21 minutes (at least for me… feel free to increase the time/rounds). The only equipment you need is a your body and a moderate weight kettlebell or dumbbell. Set your interval app timer for 21 continuous cycles of 45 seconds work and 15 seconds recovery and 45 seconds effort. You’ll be doing 3 continuous rounds of the following 7 exercises:
My reps per exercise are in brackets!
- Side to Side Step Ups (56, 57, 55)
- Kettlebell Vertical Swing Burpee (20lbs) (9, 10.5, 10)
- Jump Rope (did buttkick variation) (65, 68, 69)
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (20lb) ( 36, 36, 38)
- Burpee with tricep push up (13, 12, 13)
- Diagonal Touch Dynamic Squats (38, 39, 40)
- In and Out Abs (31, 31, 29)
I’m pretty much a sweat bath now.
This afternoon will be followed by Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer Back and Bis. Obviously didn’t listen again about the No Cardio thing :/
3x12 with 1 minute rest between sets:
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
- One Arm Dumbbell Row
- Seated Cable Row
- Underhand Cable Pulldown
- Alternating Bicep Curls
- One Arm Preacher Curl
- Standing Bicep Cable Curl
So to some of you this may sound really gross, but I promise that once they pop out of the oven, you’d never be able to tell that these brownies are made out of PINTO BEANS… Yep, you heard me right. I’ll admit that they taste somewhat diety, but when you’re in the need for a sugar fix, this should definitely do the trick. Here’s the Recipe:
1 can of pinto beans, drained well
1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg beaters
100g (about 3 scoops) of chocolate flavored protein powder (I actually used 1/2 smores flavored protein by elite gourmet and half chocolate by mrm)
2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
4 Tablespoons equivalent of Splenda, Truvia, or Sweetener of Choice
1 teaspoon coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon oil
1 pinch salt
I added 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon, along with 1/4 tsp of Cayenne to make them Mexican Spiced Brownies. Feel free to add nuts or chocolate chips if you’d like.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish.
2. I blended all the ingredients in my blender and then pour into baking dish.
3. Pop it in for about 10 minutes, until the top layer of the brownies is slightly wet. Baking times will vary depending on how much moisture is left in the brownies.
4. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, then cut into 12-16 squares.
Today’s interval work is pretty intense, because there’s technically no rest period. Your rest period is instead a number of bridging exercises. There’s alternate exercises for “beginners,” though I have a feeling even if you did do the “beginner” version, you’ll still be tasting the salt in your mouth.
Each round will rack in at about 2minutes and 40 seconds. Depending on how long it takes you to complete your bridging exercises, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete. Remember that intensity is key!
Set your timer for 4 cycles of 20/20. Each couplet will be performed 4 times, in a row! AND THEN REPEATED (insert evil laugh here). The bridging exercise between each couplet has set reps, so you won’t need to reset your timer.
Couplet 1 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Mountain Climbers
- Dynamic Push Ups or Push up followed by a plank jack or Regular push ups
- Bridging Exercise: Supermans- 20 reps
Couplet 2 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Side to Side Step Ups or Regular Step ups
- In and Out Abs- you’re pretty much in a plank position, and you jump your legs into a tuck position then jump them back out into a plank
- Bridging Exercise: Stability Ball Crunches- 20 reps
Couplet 3 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Plank Climbers or Plank Punches
- Diagonal Knee Tucks
- Bridging Exercise: Stability ball hyperextensions or dolphins- 20 Reps
Couplet 4 – Start timer and complete 4 continuous rounds.
- Burpees or Half Burpees
- Dynamic Squat Jumps or jumping jacks
REPEAT it all over again :)